Contribution Terms of Service
Chilocco History Project Terms and Conditions
What you can share:
- Materials related to the Chilocco Indian Agricultural School, which operated from 1884-1980
- Content created by you and/or that you have permission to share
- Accurate descriptive information
- Files that are smaller than 30 MB (because of storage issues)
What you can’t share:
- Something that infringes on someone else’s copyright, privacy right, publicity right, or other right
- Materials that provide personal information, either for yourself or others (e.g., addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers)
- Anything posted for financial gain or commercial purposes
- Information or comments that are abusive, libelous, or defamatory
- Files or data that might damage OSU’s network, computers, or servers
Who can share:
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the rights or permissions necessary to share your material.
Who owns what I upload?
If you created something original (i.e., you took a picture or wrote a memoir), in most cases that means you own the copyright. If someone else owns copyright, you’ll need to get their permission before uploading it to the site. By submitting it to the site, you attest that you own the copyright and/or have permission to share what you are uploading and have the right to post it.
If you give us permission to credit you, we will do so. If you want to remain anonymous, we can do that as well.
How can OSU use it?
If you submit it to the website, you agree to let OSU:
- Make it available (on the website or elsewhere, worldwide) for educational, research, or promotional purposes
- Modify it, reformat it, and preserve it
- Use it without fees
We have the right to decide not to use it.
What we won’t do:
We won’t approve use of your materials by third parties (commercial or non-commercial), but if you share your contact information, we can put them in touch with you.